Engineering and construction contracts are often complex. Even on the best managed projects, claims will arise that can evolve into disputes if not managed effectively.
Latitude Consulting Engineers offer contractual advice and claims management services focused on best practice delivery and the minimisation of risk, conflict, and cost for the client. We work closely with our clients to help them properly assess contract risk and provide independent expert opinion on the evaluation of claims.
Working with a wide-range of clients our team of experts has been consulted on a broad range of building, rail, civil engineering, petrochemical and oil and gas projects. Our team has engineering and project management backgrounds and has extensive experience in construction contracts and claims management from both the employer and contractor sides of a project.
Our aim at Latitude Consulting Engineers is to help our clients develop contracts that mean what they say and contracting solutions that deliver the required results.
We offer contractual advice to protect the contractual rights of individuals, companies and businesses and to provide contract security by:
- Advising on construction contract procurement and types of underlying contracts and agreements.
- Advising on contract enforcement and monitoring policies, including warranties and insurance.
- Construction contract administration, including contractual compliance control.
- Representation of parties to a construction contract in state authority administrative proceedings.
- Representation of parties to a construction contract in judicial matters, arbitrations and other dispute resolution forums.
- Identifying potential claims (checking claims for compliance with applicable legislation and contractual terms and conditions).
- Developing negotiation strategies and tactics in the context of applicable legislation and contractual terms.
- Preparing claims, including calculation of loss incurred through default on contractual obligations and drafting suggestions to remedy failure to meet contractual obligations.
- Collection of both contemporaneous and forensic evidence, including assistance in technical expertise and preparation for potential litigation.
- Preparing assessments and drafting reports on disputable matters to enable pre-trial settlement subject to, contractual terms and factual circumstances.